Latest News
The Student News Site of Lindbergh High School

The Egalitarian

The Egalitarian

The Egalitarian

Recent Results
Lindbergh High School
0
Enumclaw
56
Nov 4 / Football
Lindbergh High School
3
Tyee
0
Nov 3 / Girls Volleyball
Lindbergh High School
3
Sequim
1
Nov 2 / Girls Soccer
Lindbergh High School
0
Fife
5
Nov 1 / Girls Soccer
Lindbergh High School
1
Sammamish
5
Oct 29 / Girls Soccer
Lindbergh High School
42
Foster
6
Oct 28 / Football
Lindbergh High School
3
Renton
2
Oct 27 / Girls Soccer

This is the story of my trip to Paris

I couldn’t wait to get in the car that morning and drive to the airport but the time of the flight wasn’t till 6 pm we planned on heading to the airport at 3 pm and it was only around 11 am that day,  So I started thinking on ways to distract myself I started cleaning everything and anything I saw that needed to be cleaned.  One hour had passed so I gave up on trying to speed up time, Then 2 pm finally came along we left my house it was a 20-minute drive to the airport but I forgot about airport traffic, and ended up making it to the check-in desk at around 3:10 pm I pack my carry on bag so I can take it with me and make sure it gets there they said it was over by like  8 pounds for it to be a carry-on, Seriously 8 pounds my small personal bag was 8 pounds alone everyone had to check in their bag I could only hope my stuff would arrive to my destination by the time we passed TSA and we got to our gate it was around 4:40 pm, And that was where I made the worst decision of my life.

I got airport food and ate it before our flight, my boyfriend and I got some overpriced snacks for the flight, and by that time we started to get bored of our flight and I was as prepared as I could be for my very first flight alone without my parents and with my boyfriend. It was a 10-hour flight, that same day they gave us a pretty good dinner on the flight, it was pasta with vegetables and I enjoyed every moment of it, BUT halfway through the flight after not being able to sleep at all and only 5 more hours to go the airport food Finally hit my stomach and let me tell you I will never again have airport food.

I probably used the bathroom 10 or more times I felt like I was gonna pass out for the rest of the flight, Once we landed we did some shopping at the airport since we had a layover that was 4 hours long and of course, they changed the gate last minute,  lucky for us the second flight was only an hour flight, once we finally landed in Paris all we wanted was to sleep but of course, We did not. 

We all went out for dinner. I got to try this amazing soup. It was French onion soup. After dinner we finally all went to sleep. None of us were able to sleep all that much, and I wasn’t expecting to see the Eiffel Tower on the first day. But we went on one of those 2-story buses and it took us all around Paris but we got down and saw the Eiffel Tower. So we did a lot of walking and it was all good until the airport food was still messing with my stomach, then we decided we wanted to get on a boat and I fell asleep for the whole tour. But I did like the small parts of the tour on the boat I  did see and it was nice we then headed out  for lunch after the boat tour, Once we finished with lunch we broke into 2 small groups and of course my boyfriend and I went with the group that went back to the hotel, we went to the store and got our dinner and relaxed for the rest of the night,  after the second group came back to the hotel we went to sleep, And so then came the  next day and  for sure one of my favorite things we did was that we went to Disney Paris we went into ALL THE STORES and we only went on 3 rides but it was very fun.

Then we had dinner there, and after dinner I got some Starbucks and we did more shopping  honestly do not remember how we got back to the hotel after that but we did once the 3 day came around we went to a museum were the Mona Lisa was located and  just walked passed everything cause it is a very big museum, I  walked passed more famous paintings and they were HUGE.

After a while we all started to get hungry and lunch came around, then after lunch I did some shopping with my boyfriend then we started to head to the train to go to the to a different museum, me and my boyfriend searched for a famous painting there called the (the starry night) but turns out it wasn’t there and we got sad but its okay cause then me and my boyfriend went to this little restaurant that they had down stairs and enjoy our snacks, then we all headed to the Eiffel tower and we got to  on to the second floor, not going to lie I was a bit scared cause of how high we were up, so I tried to stay away from the corners, me and my boyfriend did some more shopping on the Eiffel tower as well and got some gummy candy that was shaped like the Eiffel tower and also as  key chains, luckily after that we went to dinner (me and my boyfriend were starving) this dinner we had was one of the best dinner I had all trip it was noddle’s with beef meat balls and it was really  really good.

When we got done eating  we all left to go to back to the  hotel to rest for the night, then the next day we went to a graveyard, and all I have to say is that my boyfriend wasn’t enjoying the graveyard.  Then after leaving the graveyards, we went to see these bones underground that has been there for a least 100 or more years, I liked it a lot but my boyfriend didn’t like it he got scared cause the walls were getting narrower and narrower the more we went in, and after walking all the way back up to the exit from the catacombs I got a pretty good book on the history of the catacombs.

We then left the catacombs and were on our way to the next stop and on the way we saw a arts and crafts shop and of course we had to go in and I bought my boyfriend some markers, any who we kept walking and took the train to the next stop which was another graveyard, At this point me and my boyfriend were to tired so we just waited at the entrance of the graveyard, So we waited for the rest of the group to walk around , I started  reading my book that I had  gotten from the catacombs How ever my boyfriend was on his phone the entre time we were waiting,(playing anger birds) when everyone was back we headed out to lunch my boyfriend and I had already had lunch so we weren’t hungry so we did the most reasonable thing.

we went to get me a piercing.

we got an OK from our teacher so me and my boyfriend could go back to the hotel so we did it was only a 20 min walk, and we got to see some pretty good shops on the way back,  after the walk back to the hotel we got a bit hungry so we went to the store and got some snacks and waited for the rest of the group to come back, after every one got back we got 30 min to get ready for dinner.

After dinner we went to see the Eiffel tower again but at night, it was pretty cool we all knew we had one more day and that last day we all got to sleep in I did not get up till almost noon, but then half of the group had left to see some other attractions, we were left almost alone at the hotel for 6+ hours so we went out for a walk to see what we were able to find like a shopping area, but for locals we wanted to get shoes so we went to a store to see and we found some but not matching for me and my boyfriend, so we went to others and the same thing we did find any we went to about 4 stores we then started heading back to the first 2 stores to see what shoes we liked and if they had the shoes we wanted in one store and same in an other store so we can have matching shoes me and my boyfriend, And they did not have them so after being in those 2 store 5+ or more I lost count, we decided to just get different  shoes he got some blue shoes and I got pink shoes we also got matching blue sweatpants and hoodies that say project pairs, we then did more walking and then headed back to the hotel sense we were told to met at 6:30 for dinner in the lobby of the hotel cause dinner was at 7pm,  Dinner that night super good and  amazing we had Korean BBQ we ate everything that night and when I mean everything I mean we cleaned the plate,

once  we got back to the hotel we started packing our bags to go  back home sense the next day we were leaving at 4am in the morning, because we had to be at the airport at 6 am that time the flight was for sure much better, but I still wasn’t able to sleep at all on the flight, but the moment we landed and my parents picked me up and I got home  I slept for a long time, I didn’t  get up till 7 am the next day, but after all that I felt so much better with all the rest I needed but my body was still used to the time change in Paris so I was tired for most of the day but it all turned out good i had the best time of my life with my boyfriend in Paris and I cant wait to go back next year after graduating from Highschool.