Reported altercation leads to large police response after lunch

Non-LHS students seen with potential weapon puts school into lockdown

Egalitarian Staff

The following was communicated to families from the Renton School District Community Relations Office regarding the response to Lindbergh after lunch today. The Egalitarian will follow-up with school, district officials as well as Renton Police to get additional information on Thursday.

Lindbergh High Families:

There was an incident on our campus today that caused some concern and involved Renton Police.

During lunch period, staff received a report of a verbal altercation involving non-LHS students near the skybridge. During that encounter, one of our students reported seeing a potential weapon to our onsite School Resource Officer, a Renton Police Officer, who quickly acted to contact other Renton Police to respond and keep students and staff safe at school. Additional officers responded to the call and were on campus within minutes.

As part of our school safety protocols, we ensured all students and staff were in their classrooms and classroom doors were locked with classes continuing as scheduled. Renton Police continued to search the area for any activity.

Within an hour, Renton Police were confident there was no threat on campus and cleared the school to return to normal activities.

Renton Police and our school/district safety staff continue to investigate the incident.

In partnership with Renton Police, we’re confident that our campus remains safe for students and staff.

Thomas Caudle

Principal, Lindbergh High School

[email protected]

425-204-3200

twitter: LHSEagles_lindb

Instagram: lhseagles_lindb